Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Information Technology, Research & Development, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
Sunshine Teacher Fellowship: Co-Teacher Position
The Sunshine Teacher Fellowship Program –
Come be part of a team of dynamic individuals starting KIPP’s first new region since 2010
We’re looking for 4 elementary teacher fellows for the 2017-18 school year. As a fellow, also known as a co-teacher, you will be responsible for supporting lead teachers and working to put our students on a path to college. The teachers we are looking for will have experience working with kids and are willing to work hard for them. They will have the passion and drive to work with students and put them on a path to college.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Perform daily teaching tasks such as: conducting morning meetings, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job
- Be a good teammate – work closely with other teachers and team members to create a cohesive school culture of success and family
- Work with small groups, individual students, and eventually whole classes for individual lessons
- Receive individual coaching from a lead teacher and the new teacher coach
- Update student performance trackers and rely on data to make decisions
Here’s what you will get:
- Experience with working with a master teacher at a high performing charter school
- Time to teach students in kindergarten
- Experience being part of a high functioning team
- Ongoing professional development and coaching to get you to be a lead teacher long term
Must Haves (i.e.what you need to rock at this role):
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A record leadership in or out of school
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning, and receiving feedback
- The ability to be flexible in a new school environment where things change all the time
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
KIPP is a non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating 80,000 elementary, middle, and high school students in 200 schools across the country. KIPP Miami is a new region and the first elementary school will set the pace for excellence and lay the foundation for school-based structures across the region. Over the long term, KIPP Miami plans to serve students from grades K-12 in multiple schools across the city. KIPP’s first elementary school will open 2017-18 and will house our first cohort of Sunshine Fellows.
Context: KIPP Miami
KIPP Miami Schools Mission
KIPP Miami Public Schools seek to create and sustain a high achieving and inspiring community schools that battles inequity by empowering students to develop the skills, character strengths, and habits to thrive in college and beyond, shape their futures, and positively impact the world.
KIPP Miami Sunrise Academy
At KIPP Miami Sunrise Academy, we will seek to unleash the power, passion and wisdom within each student so their light can shine brightly. Students’ light will make them the future citizens and equity leaders of our local and global communities. KIPPsters honor themselves, their families and their communities by critically questioning, innovating and solving the problems of tomorrow. Students believe in the “beautiful struggle” – the belief every challenge is a ray of opportunity. KIPPsters seek excellence, hope and joy in all that they do because they know education will give them the power, opportunities and freedom to change their world and their place within it and will light the path for others to do the same.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|