Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Customer Service and Call Center, Education and Library, Employment Placement Agencies, Healthcare, Other, Human Resources, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Sales, Science, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Research & Development, Web Technology, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
Recruiting supports world-class science and patient care at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance through a collaborative partnership and suite of services. Our team provides subject matter expertise in the following areas:
- Full-cycle enterprise, scientific and clinical recruitment
- Forecasting, sourcing, and pipelining of talent
- Internship, academic learning, and training opportunities
- Diversity, academic, and community outreach
- Workforce and succession planning
- Agency contracts and recruiting
- Employee career development and coaching
- Employer branding and marketing
- Policy and compliance
Under leadership of Talent Acquisition, the responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute strategic and innovative sourcing, recruiting, and branding strategies with clearly defined objectives, desired outcomes, and detailed tracking of all networking efforts within a knowledge management system.
- Be able to self-direct their efforts in building subject matter expertise within the areas of science and research that the center supports, as it aligns to the search parameters they are presented.
- Be able to communicate at all levels of leadership, including knowledge of executive and faculty level offer components, benefits and competitive practices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on sourcing resources, new and creative recruiting techniques, labor market and industry trends, and a comprehensive cancer center network of scientific research intel and information, in order to ensure our sourcing efforts and recruiting practices are successful, cost‐effective, and competitive.
- Develop a talent pipeline for immediate hire and upcoming positions as the strategic plan dictates.
- Establish goals and objectives to align with the overall recruiting business strategy.
- Oversee recruitment expenses for events and programs within established budget and identify and negotiate cost savings.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current programs and process and make recommendations for improvement.
- Work with recruiting team on various projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience with established candidate networking/sourcing and full life‐cycle recruiting, with 3–5 years of the experience within executive recruitment.
- Advanced internet researching and sourcing proficiency, including Boolean search strings, is required.
- Extensive network development and passive candidate search and communication expertise.
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment laws.
- High degree of initiative; must be able to work independently and be a self‐starter as well as a strong team player.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage highly confidential information.
- Sense of urgency and business orientation combined with customer service skills.
- Strong problem‐solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills to create, measure, and scale program metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Presentation skills to a large audience is a must.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required; SharePoint experience a plus.
- Must be very computer and web savvy to utilize professional and social networking media, manage internal SharePoint site, and use applicant tracking system.
- Travel can be up to 10% as required by business needs to support recruitment efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree, including a Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- HR Certification, is preferred.
- Expertise in research science institutes, healthcare and/or academic institutions.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!