Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Computers, Software, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Science, Quality Control, Research & Development, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Writing/Authoring, Energy / Utilities
QC Associate II, Analytical Development|
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The FHCRC Quality Control/Analytical Development laboratory performs in-process and release testing assays for T-cell and stem cell therapeutic products manufactured in our GMP Cell Processing Facility. The group also develops and transfers new analytical methods used to characterize the products, and support process development and product comparability. In addition, the group qualifies test methods and equipment to support these activities and actively supports regulatory submissions.
The Quality Control/Analytical associate will primarily focus on the development and performance of flow cytometry and plate-based analytical methods in a GMP laboratory environment. The position is also required to perform microbiological assays such as endotoxin, gram stain and mycoplasma testing. Additional responsibilities include development and/or transfer of analytical methods from internal/external partners, generation of laboratory quality systems and standard operating procedures, sample management, and routine maintenance of the lab to ensure a continued state of regulatory compliance.
- BS/MS in a biological science with 3+ years (1+ years MS) with a background in biologics and/or cellular therapeutics.
- Hands-on experience in the performance of flow cytometry methods to characterize cells (e.g. using a Canto, LSR, Guava etc.).
- Familiarity with data analysis/statistical software packages (e.g. FlowJo, JMP, etc.).
- Strong communication and writing skills with demonstrated ability to work both as an individual contributor and in a dynamic team environment.
- Performance of cell culture based functional assays (e.g. target cell killing, cytokine release, etc.), q/RT-PCR, ELISA, and/or microbial methods.
- Experience in the transfer, qualification and validation of analytical methods and equipment under FDA/ICH guidelines.
- Experience generating documents intended for use in a GxP environment or regulatory filings.
- Prior hands-on work in a GxP laboratory environment.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!