Head of Studio Content|
Responsible for content lifecycle, including its overall success across HSBC’s RBWM digital platforms. Defines the set of policies, procedures, guidelines, rules and compliance metrics that will help maintain and operate the platforms and products under a high degree of innovation and change whilst maintaining world class legal and regulatory capabilities. Owns the global matrix of who creates content, who approves it, who optimises it, ensures review cycles are in place so that platforms are maintained to a high standards from an information management, analytical and SEO perspective.
Manages the global and regional stakeholders from various groups such as Product, Marketing, Customer Service, Branch Network, Analytics, Compliance, Legal and IT in order to drive forward decisions around policies, platform roadmap and key investments. Identifies the need for projects and/or task forces to execute items of strategic or operational importance.
Remains abreast of industry and technology trends, studies the competition and anticipates the needs of the company and the user base. Regularly examines site analytics, team and technology to determine what changes need to take place to ensure problems are solved and market needs are addressed ahead of time.
Owns the day-to-day processes for creating, tagging, maintaining, localising and cleaning up content and defines longer term goals around content requirements, platform evolution and drives the development of new capabilities. Ensures service levels around content management are defined and delivered via our digital global centres of excellence. Regularly solicits feedback from global and regional stakeholders and seeks to improve processes and technologies as required. Supports global and regional teams in executing delivery initiatives, establishing content partnership and content marketing initiatives.
Impact on the Business
- Lead DCoE Digital Content Operations activities across regional DCoE's
- Play a leading role in building a skilled, motivated team that is recognized as a Center for Excellence for Content.
- Supports key digital initiatives with best practice and ensures they adhere to the content management governance
- Through the regional DCoE’s, support the global teams as well as the local markets in performing content deployments, to enable product updates and improvements, respond to regulatory change, support marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Play a leading role in building an advanced dynamic platform Digital team, enabling the wider Business to continuously evolve digital products and use to message customers;
- ensure all digital channels are evolved and managed (e.g. mobile, responsive web, unauthenticated and authenticated state, social and communities, emails, SMS, Push)
- drive the development of data-driven optimisation capabilities
- drive the development of the experience management and the content management elements of the digital platform, including the tools required to drive the internal Business workflows
- Work with stakeholders to anticipate future needs and facilitate a roadmap that delivers technical and process-based solutions to content needs
- Develop and manage Content Governance procedures, aligned with Global Governance Framework, to minimise divergence from Digital Core solutions. Procedures should be comprehensive, clear and unambiguous and include SLAs, individual/team ownership, risk mitigation strategies, resolution scenarios and escalation policy.
- Develop metrics and reporting to help regional and local stakeholders measure and drive digital message performance
- Work with HOST to deliver the dynamic content platform and drive technology partners to improve content, workflows, data-driven optimisation and targeting capabilities.
- Act as point of escalation for content into the global digital business, with projects ranging up to $30m in spend.
- Provide tools and required support to enable local entities and global business to reach specified targets in
- Digital Engagement
- Digital Transactions
- Digital Leads
- Digital Revenue of $200m
- Demonstrate an awareness of needs of the Business, facilitating engagement with the CoE functions to provide innovative solutions to issues
- Become a Champion for change to inspire stakeholders, anticipating their future needs and facilitating a roadmap that delivers technical and process-based solutions to content needs
Customers / Stakeholders
- Work with HOST to drive the dynamic content platform roadmap
- Work with Digital Marketing to enable content marketing activities, both through partnerships and through the delivery of technology solutions
- Work with the Analytic team to enable analysis and reporting of content related metrics and SLAs
- Work with the Digital Messaging team to ensure modern message creation and curation and management capabilities are developed
- Work with the public platform teams (across Digital, Marketing and IT) to ensure modern content management and localization processes are developed and adopted
- Work with the GSP / Digital teams to ensure modern content processes are adopted as the personal banking product is evolved
- Work with the regional DCoEs to ensure markets are supported
Leadership & Teamwork
- Establish excellent working relationship with digital teams and the wider content requestors community across the business
- Build and lead a high performance team
- Indirect functional Leadership of of DCoE content teams globally (20 )
- Influence the technology organization and the technology partners to resolve and improve content tools and technologies
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Zero defect content delivery process in place
- Content processes continuously optimized for on-time delivery
- Create operational governance structures with the regional Digital CoE
- Identify key risks, issues and interdependencies and provide appropriate mitigation strategies or escalating as appropriate
- Facilitate sharing of best practice across Digital CoE supported Entities and with wider Digital community globally
- Adhere to UK, Europe and in country regulatory and compliance policies
- Ensure HSBC is not put at any operational or reputational Risk by sharing knowledge of, and adherence to, group, HTS and CoE processes, FIM’s and necessary engagement with other group Functions where required to ensure change is created and delivered fit for purpose
- HSBC has evolved over its 140 year history and its adoption of electronic channels can be seen as important as the development of the business in China. Achieving a leading position in this aspect of Financial Services will take a number of years requiring the development of new capabilities and competencies with which the Mgmt. of the bank and the current culture is largely unfamiliar.
- Development of a common business model that each country adopts, so that we move from a group of local businesses operating differently to regions operating off one model, where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Ensuring that all HSBC RBWM services offer standout customer experience and fully deliver on our brand promise.
- Provision of common global solutions while recognising that local regulations and customs will require the service to be tailored. Even where local regulation and customs tailor the service accordingly, the service quality HSBC offers will be to the same standard across the world
- We need to continually improve to accelerate time-to-market and optimize ROI. The content management function will support this goal by undertaking ensuring efficiency , expedited delivery and accuracy
- The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that the content resource pool can meet prioritized demand, across various portfolios
- Provide market-leading, compelling products and propositions that can leverage our global scale and distribution network. With increased connections between our businesses around the world, the aim is to take us from a collection of locally orientated propositions to one global set. These are delivered locally, according to globally defined standards, but with a local flavour, to enable us to compete and lead in the markets we choose to be in.
- The journey to create sustainable cost savings and operational efficiencies is being driven by standardising systems, processes and products on a global scale. To create savings we need to drive out waste and duplication, streamline processes and take out paper where we can. Digital channels will be a major facilitator of achieving these objectives.
- The job holder must ensure the creation of one, modern bank, by supporting the creation of one IT infrastructure, refining and removing redundant processes and automating others to ensure we deliver the best possible customer experience.
- The predominant technology varies market by market and the approaches developed needs to cater for this while trying to be as globally consistent as possible.
- The role holder is responsible for the direction and evolution of RBWM’s digital content platform and for the direction of the content processes including those adopted and delivered by the regional Digital Centre of Excellence.
- This member of the Digital team may be based in any major geography. This may demand international travel (20-25% of the year), and when operating from the home country, will require significant schedule flexibility to allow for daily/weekly interaction with other team members and project teams from all Regions.
- Primary interactions will be with two broad groups: (a) With Global and in country Business and Project Teams. (b) With the Digital CoEs, their regional Teams and their regional and global Leadership.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the Best Place to Bank principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages and deliverables to stakeholders of all levels, both internally and externally
- Good relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Pragmatic decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments based on a range of factors, e.g. commercials, risk, and customer experience; determine the implications and make recommendations as needed.
- Demonstrated Experience in content architecture, content management and content APIs
- Strong performance management and team development skills
- Knowledge of web technologies and digital metric tracking tools
- The ability to quickly understand customer and operational considerations
- Innovative – the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals.
- Experience of process improvement and LEAN thinking methodologies.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues.
- High levels of resilience and self-motivation
- Strong Negotiator, with selling expertise and the ability to co-ordinate across all Business functions and in the external Digital Market
- Supporting executive and non-executive working groups and effecting change through people in a large matrix organization
- Managing operational functions, directing process reengineering and efficiency exercises. Keen understanding of products, services and underlying processes to fulfill.
- Subject Matter Expertise of channel, including technical, commercial, market place and customer considerations
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all 5 regions (North America, LAM, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe)
- Strong understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
- Experience in both the developed and emerging markets