Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Senior Global Trade & Receivables Finance Sales Manager|
HSBC is the largest trade and receivable finance organisation in the world, offering a comprehensive range of forward-thinking open account supply chain and traditional trade solutions. The bank has been recognised by the industry’s most prominent publications and associations for its strength in combining innovation and service excellence with end-to-end customer solutions. HSBC GTRF serves as a core service provider for Commercial (CMB) and Global Banking (GBM) customers.
The role is responsible for structuring complex deals across the whole range of Global Trade & Receivables Finance's (GTRF) solutions. Key responsibilities include providing technical expertise to Front-Line Business Development Managers, assisting in the structuring of bespoke open account solutions, and ensuring a high quality customer experience. The role holder will build out a team of structuring specialists in the different regions, to ensure a consistent operating model in support of our front-line BDMs.
Impact on the Business
- Act as the face of the bank, establishing new client relationships and strengthening existing ones
- Deliver customer base growth, achieve growth targets and maximise the financial contribution of the Trade & Receivables Finance (RF) business
- Communicate new products and propositions to clients
- Identify potential opportunities in the local market and escalate these where appropriate to cater for client demand
- Support management to deliver a high quality business development culture within the team to deliver superior client solutions
- Position HSBC as the key Trade & RF provider for top end GBM and CMB through establishing extensive, positive client relationships
- Support the implementation the new channel strategy to increase penetration of new target markets, encouraging eChannel use among clients
- Ensure consistency in client treatment and alignment to processes as defined by the Country and Regional heads
Customers / Stakeholders
- Manage key relationships with internal and external stakeholders, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with:
- Internal - Client Services, Country Head of Business Development, Client Implementation, Product and Proposition Management and CMB Relationship Managers
- External - GBM and CMB Market Segment Clients and prospective client and relevant industry bodies
- Work with Client Implementation Services in a timely fashion to ensure an efficient transition process for complex clients
- Collaborate with other internal functions to ensure customer needs are met
- Provide local knowledge to product and proposition development teams when requested
- Foster new relationships with clients and develop on-going relationships to drive engagement and increased customer satisfaction
- Strive for class-leading customer experience by adhering to a consistent selling and relationship management culture
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Communicate a clear vision for the GTRF Business that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, Values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop team leaders and others to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience
- Lead and encourage constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Manage the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximise end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency
- Maintain a robust and efficient control environment across GTRF to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of a Global / Region management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Lead the implementation and oversight of GTRF policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of global trade and receivables finance, services, products and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of the market & market trends, competitive environment and regulatory environment.
- Detailed knowledge of GTRF back and front office area
- Detailed knowledge of Credit & Risk including techniques to mitigate risk
- Experience in driving team and individual performance to achieve customer and financial targets
- Strong leadership and team motivational skills
- Proven coaching and performance management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating in dealing with customers and colleagues.
- Knowledge of the Commercial Banking market both globally and specifically relating to the local environment, including the competitive landscape, with a detailed knowledge of competitor propositions.
- Excellent level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Ability to interact with business customers at a senior and strategic level
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong change focus and ability to manage change
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Good understanding of the international business trade cycle and the business processes involved when importing and exporting
- Knowledge of CMB’s international proposition / product capabilities.
- Broad knowledge of HSBC Group capabilities.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- GTRF related industry qualifications