Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Legal, Military, Real Estate, Sales, Counseling
Community Mortgage Lending Loan Officer|
This position is responsible for generating and increasing residential mortgage lending market share, focusing solely on Advance, Personal Banking and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)/Mass Market customers/eligible loans. Originates high quality residential mortgage loans within HSBC's marketing area while ensuring high customer service levels.
Impact on the Business
- Attain individual mortgage loan and Community Reinvestment Act production goals while maintaining Company standards related to application to funding thresholds.
- Operate within annual budgeted expense guidelines, including travel and entertainment, marketing/network functions, etc.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell and/or refer HSBC specialists to provide additional financial tools and services to support client needs in pursuit of efforts to establish and/or broaden client relationship with HSBC.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with bank branches, realtors, builders, attorneys, community-based groups, faith-based groups, local housing agencies, etc.) to build a pipeline of referral sources.
- Counsel customers on various types of mortgage financing, choosing a program best suited to their needs; complete mortgage application, follow through to closing and resolve any problems, while ensuring salability (as applicable) and compliance with proscribed guidelines.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support, endorse and contribute to team environment in serving assigned bank branches.
- Collaborate with Premium Mortgage Consultants to identify, refer and originate mortgages for premium customers.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Operating within a continuously changing market due to regulatory constraints.
- Adapting to strategic changes implemented by HSBC.
- Incumbents in this role operate within a large marketing area and are not assigned to work from a specific location, rather, their office is their entire marketing area.
- Incumbents in this role operate autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Incumbents in this role are available to conduct business, as appropriate, on a 24/7/365 schedule.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Function as the first line of defense in relation to potential fraudulent activity on the part of the customer.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- An incumbent in this job/code is considered 'covered' under the Federal Reserve Bank Guidance on Sound Incentive Compensation Policies. As such, incumbents in the role can expect to abide by the required objective(s) for this role as a means to ensure Risk remains balanced and is managed appropriately.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of two years proven mortgage lending and customer service experience or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong sales, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Agency (Fannie Mae/ Freddie Mac) guidelines for standard conventional mortgage lending programs as well as applicable affordable housing financing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of HUD insured (FHA/VA) mortgage products and programs preferred.
- Knowledge of local housing grants/subsidies available in market and capability to utilize in framework assisting borrowers in obtaining affordable housing preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable market specific (State/ City) mortgage programs supporting affordable housing preferred.
- Incumbents in this role must successfully register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) and must obtain a unique identifier through the registry that will be provided to consumers with whom the incumbent interacts. In addition, incumbents in this role must successfully renew their registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) annually.