Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
GTRF Transaction Services Quality Analyst|
HSBC is the largest trade and receivable finance organisation in the world, offering a comprehensive range of forward-thinking open account supply chain and traditional trade solutions. The bank has been recognised by the industry’s most prominent publications and associations for its strength in combining innovation and service excellence with end-to-end customer solutions. HSBC GTRF serves as a core service provider for Commercial (CMB) and Global Banking (GBM) customers.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Adopt global initiatives and practices within a GTRF Client Services team that enable globally consistent, yet locally competitive, segmented service experience for clients and the clients’ customers
- Work with GTRF Services Managers across sites to deliver globally connected service experience that is aligned with the GTRF Services target operating model
- Manage a Client Services team in the development and execution of a high quality client-centric service culture that delivers superior post-sales support
- Manage a Client Services team within the operating budgets for the country and track performance of team against Performance Scorecards and Dashboards
- Ensure strategic alignment with Global and Country imperatives
- Manage a team to drive the consistent implementation and execution of client services global and local best practices
Customers / Stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing support and guidance to the Department/Region on areas of improvement/concern with regard to FCC, Regulatory and BQAP controls
- Act as a Services champion to ensure that key objectives are prioritised appropriately within CMB & GBM
- Establish metrics and ensure effective tracking of HSBC’s competitor offerings and performance in comparison to HSBC
- Ensure positive client experiences through support, trade advice and best practices in relation to GTRF transactions
- Ensure that GTRF Services is responsive to the requirements and expectations of the Global Businesses
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together
- Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures
- Continuously monitor and gather information from relevant sources to assess potential impacts and identify risks, necessary changes and business opportunities
- Apply policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree or with equivalent industry/functional experience
- Computer literate and ability to work on basic applications like MS Excel, MS Word and Lotus Notes
- Excellent Communication skills in English – written and verbal
- Ability to be flexible and willing to change along with changes in corporate and department objectives in addition to recommending changes to assist in meeting these objectives.
- Ability to balance quality and quantity (volumes) with primary focus on quality.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to evolving and changing priorities. Procedures change frequently; selected candidates are expected to implement the changes immediately with minimal training.
- Is self-motivated, pragmatic (sense of urgency is a must)
- Minimum of two years proven and progressive experience in assigned area or equivalent.
Experience in commercial or standby letters of credit, trade services, trade finance, UCP600, ISP98 is preferred
Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (CDCS) is preferred