Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Retail/Wholesale, Executive Management, Franchising, Research & Development
Wholesale Portfolio Management|
To work as a Global Account Manager/Global Account Partner to develop and grow profitable long-term relationships with key allocated clients within an assigned sector.
To grow revenues across allocated portfolio, successfully defending/serving existing business in addition to originating new value added revenue streams.
To establish a holistic understanding of clients needs and deliver innovative high value solutions across all product lines, gaining significant business and sustainable returns for the Group.
Where leadership responsibility is assigned, lead and manage client management team to optimise results in executing Global Banking strategy.
Head of Sector Team, Portfolio Management
As per specific team structure
- Maintain ‘Trusted Advisor’ relationship and access at key decision maker level for assigned clients.
- Co-ordinate origination and execution of activities across the spectrum of Global Banking & Markets products/service.
- Build the Global Banking franchise value/reputation in the market place.
- Drive achievement against targets for revenue generation, product alignment, customer satisfaction and cost containment.
- Where leadership responsibilities are assigned, lead the client management sector team to achieve team’s business objectives and ensure ongoing development of all team members.
- Combine client relationship management with strong risk assessment and management capabilities ensuring the required credit quality & requisite returns on risk
- Identify event driven opportunities on an opportunistic basis, bringing in sector/country expertise as appropriate.
- Aggressively grow HSBC’s share of client wallet involving product specialists to ensure product capabilities are in line with client/sector requirements
- Actively promote, manage, train, develop and assess all members of the team within assigned area of responsibility.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Undertake all required activities as directed by line manager or as agreed in annual objectives in support of the furtherment of the Global Banking business.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Where leadership responsibilities assigned, proven achievement in leadership/management roles.
- Proven ability to gain substantial business for the Group across a full range of products.
- Track record of building & developing long term relationships including at key decision maker level for all clients.
- Ability to develop a strategic dialogue with the client on a multi dimensional basis.
- Industry expert.
- Excellent portfolio management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of HSBC Group and products, and a strong network of contacts across all business areas.
- Proven record of proactively developing and originating client solutions.
- Advanced understanding of risk management and risk mitigation.
- Collaborate with all colleagues to achieve the overall goal of the coverage model.
- Uphold the highest level of integrity and act as a role model for all HSBC values and business principles.
- Share information, knowledge and ideas that may help others
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and perform to the highest standards.
- Take an active role in initiatives outside of own role; proactively seeking different assignments to accelerate learning.