Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arlington Heights, IL
|| Accounting/Auditing, Customer Service and Call Center, Financial Services, Sales, Executive Management
High Volume Loan Processor|
To provide a primary point of contact for customers going through the mortgage origination process post application. Role is responsible for the collection, review, and submission of loan, credit, income, and asset documents and gathering information pertinent to loan files as well as following through with the customer for subsequent document requests throughout the loan cycle for increased queue management of 60-80 loan files. The High Volume Loan Processor is responsible for moderate to complex loans, working with a broad spectrum of loan documents. This role is expected to enhance the customer experience in a professional and timely manner while achieving cycle time benchmarks. Employee will be responsible for loans with added complexity (foreign national borrowers) and have capacity to oversee a pipeline with a higher degree of complexity. The High Volume Loan Processor is responsible for preparing an enhanced package to underwriter for review.
Impact on the Business
- Assist in the lending process to reduce loan cycle time by interacting with the customer and assisting the loan officer.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the customer during the mortgage origination process.
- Gather credit, income, and asset documents to prepare the loan package for submission to third party vendor (PHH).
- Perform basic LP analysis of C, I, A documents to provide additional information to underwriter
- Monitor loan pipeline and continue to follow up on loan and closing conditions.
- Proactively manage workflow to ensure loan files meet key milestone dates.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Deliver a high quality of customer service for mortgage clients during the loan origination process.
- Proactively contact clients and communicate requirements in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Engage with our 3rd party vendor (PHH) to efficiently process loans.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Interact with other mortgage support teams and mortgage sales force.
- Keep management informed of progress and certain obstacles that require managers approval
- Communicate with the team to help resolve possible issues with loans.
- Foster an environment of teamwork, ensuring collaboration throughout the organization
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Overcoming loan complexities and that may require additional documentation or a higher level of servicing.
- Working with a broad range of customers and loan officers to deliver a timely loan package while managing pipeline and follow through.
- Working with external vendors to ensure process efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- The position directly interacts with loan officers, customers, mortgage support teams, and external vendors
- Working collectively with colleagues and key stakeholders to optimize customer experience.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials.The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of five years proven and progressive mortgage lending support experience, or equivalent loan processing or underwriting experience.
- Knowledge in analyzing credit, income, and asset documents.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven communications, decision-making, customer service, sales, support, problem-solving, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Ability to work independently, handle detail and maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of the mortgage process, including pricing, registration, processing and closing.
- Incumbents in this role must successfully register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) and must obtain a unique identifier through the registry that will be provided to consumers with whom the incumbent interacts. In addition, incumbents in this role must successfully renew their registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) annually.