Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Legal, Executive Management
Senior Portfolio Manager|
Participate in the management of $19 billion of Emerging Markets fixed income assets, helping to set the investment strategy and support trade execution. Identify investment opportunities in local rates, swaps, currencies and volatility markets. Maintain managerial responsibility for fund valuation, portfolio analytics and associated risk controls.
- Utilize discretion in contributing to the management of $ 3.8 billion of local currency denominated assets, helping to set investment strategies and support trade execution. In addition, oversee the management of Emerging Markets Local currency and interest rate investments on $ 18 billion of Benchmarked and Total Return strategies.
- Ensure rigorous investment strategy and best practices.
- Collaborate with team members and share responsibility for macro-economic analysis of various sovereign issuers
- Develop financial models to provide critical signals in bonds and currencies in developing markets
- Responsible for the Day-to-Day Management of HSBC’s Emerging Markets local portfolios. Independently develop and execute investment decisions on currency exposure, duration weighted exposures, curve positioning, issuer concentration
- Evaluate complex business needs and/or compressed project deliverable dates, as well as manage resources with competing business priorities.
- Write market commentary and provide investor updates as needed.
- Develop and Implement Key Policies, strategies and Procedures for HSBC’s Emerging Markets Needs.
- Ensure requirements coming from multiple areas are aligned and conflicts are resolved effectively.
Impact on the Business
- Manage portfolios effectively towards achieving client objectives
- Contribute to formulation of overall investment thesis in Emerging Markets strategies
Customers / Stakeholders
- HSBC funds and segregated client accounts
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Ensure that portfolios are managed in line with client guidelines, regulations, and risk targets
- Maintain investment discipline to focus on fundamental valuations while being mindful of technical factors
- Making effective decisions in the context of frequently incomplete information and conflicting market signals
- Work in a team based environment to deliver on client objectives for local rates and currencies portfolios
- Participate in and contribute to team discussions to develop the overall investment thesis.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Monitor the operational risks, Compliance and Regulatory impacts, as well as technical impacts of the projects they manage and those that are managed within their team.
- Address any areas of concern in conjunction with Compliance and Legal stakeholders, management, and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Ensure adherence to Internal Control policies, up to and including Clear Desk policy and certification of all mandatory courses.
- Ensure business changes made through projects managed maintain Internal and External Compliance and Regulations by liaising with and involving internal Compliance officers within project teams, as well as obtaining appropriate approvals.
- Strengthen the company’s systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations, and procedures that apply to the company’s anti-fraud standards and operating procedures.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives by identifying inefficient processes which adversely affect customer service.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, implement Group Compliance Policy, and manage operational risk.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree related to finance, economics, and / or sovereign analysis. Graduate Degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of portfolio management experience required.
- A proven track record in delivering alpha in EM Local debt and currency mandates
- Knowledge of Emerging markets and Risk Management practices required.
- Strong macro-economic background.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Understanding of complex financial products.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail, combined with the ability to take complete ownership of issues, work independently with confidence and deliver to deadlines in line with expectations
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Proven track record of being a team player in a high performing team