Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Accounting/Auditing, Education and Library, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Internet/E-Commerce, Science, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
Human Resources/Compensation Assistant|
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Compensation Assistant provides assistance in administering employee compensation plans. This position also assists with the administration of employment transactions, responds to salary surveys, performs audits and maintains departmental files and data. The compensation assistant may also provide assistance with benefits functions as needed.
- Assists with administration of employee compensation programs
- Provides support for annual merit planning, communication, and implementation, as well as supporting a variety of other pay programs (faculty, students, teachers, nurses, and union staff, etc.)
- Reviews employee pay transactions and contractor payment requests; acts as primary liaison with Employee Services, Payroll, Accounts Payable and other departments to resolve related issues and facilitate timely and accurate transaction processing
- Administers six-month review process
- Assists with salary survey submissions and maintains salary survey library to ensure ease of use
- Maintains data, files, reference materials and web pages
- Assists with internal audits, responds to data requests and assists with policy interpretation
- May assist with salary research and drafting job descriptions and perform basic job pricing
- Provides backup across functional areas for peak projects and in the event of absences
- Continually review and improve business processes
- Conducts and assists with special compensation and benefits projects
- Needs to function as a flexible member of the compensation and benefits team in a fast pace environment.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all information and records.
Bachelor’s degree, 1 year of compensation or general HR experience, strong mathematical and Excel skills are required. Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and attention to detail.
Experience with Access, PeopleSoft and Tableau are preferred.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!