Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Computers, Software, Customer Service and Call Center, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
Analyst Mortgage Business Systems|
- Work under general supervision to assist in development, design and implementation of business systems or to complete specialty functions. Manage small projects or tasks on larger projects of medium risk as assigned.
- Directs project activities, initiates analysis, and provides solutions for problems within scope of responsibility.
- The Business Systems job family includes all functions supporting applications systems including applications development, business analysis, research and development, and systems integration for business systems.
Impact on the Business
- Perform business systems development tasks, including: working with users to define systems needs; designing business systems and technical specifications of a complex nature to meet user needs; translating logic diagrams into program statements; designing specifications, screen designs, procedures, and technical requirements; setting technical direction and defining inter-system testing requirements, installing and implementing vendor packages; and conducting research in emerging technologies.
- Develop proficiency in project management and systems analysis skills.
- Maintains proficiency in programming languages, program development and testing.
- Remain current on technical and professional developments affecting area of responsibility.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of business systems.
- Serve as member of a project team or as an individual contributor as assigned.
- Provide computer program and system development and technical support for systems of highest complexity level.
- Plan and conduct tests, identifies procedures, resolves production problems, conducts walk-throughs, coordinates implementations.
- When assigned as project manager, leads projects of high complexity, prepares project plans, estimates and schedules, and manages projects to assure objectives are met on time and within cost.
- Assess implementation impacts, develops external designs and feasibility studies, and procedures.
- Design and coordinate systems and acceptance tests, implementation reviews.
- Determine alternative solutions with risk analysis and recommended actions.
- Coordinate activities and evaluates performance of project team and reports performance.
- May lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assist in training and orientation of other staff and users.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
This position requires an individual with:
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent experiences with major or minor in Computer Science or related field.
- A Minimum of three years experience in business systems development, methods and tools or a specialty function or have demonstrated the necessary proficiencies to function as a intermediate level capacity.
- The ability to interface with business systems users to identify needs and assist in implementation; strong communication, project management and problem solving skills; knowledge of the systems development life cycle; leadership ability; and a willingness to take appropriate risk.