Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
Business Manager & Business Risk Control Manager (COLOMBIA OFFICE)|
Global Banking is looking to hire Associate level (GCB 5) Business Risk Control Manager in Colombia. The individual will be responsible for overseeing BRCM for Global Banking in Colombia and Peru. The Business Risk and Control Manager (BRCM) is responsible for assisting in the implementation of the Group Operational Risk and Internal Control Framework and Target Operating Model within Global Banking in accordance with FIM B.1.6 Internal Control Monitoring and Oversight.
- To assist with the implementation of the new Target Operating Model within Global Banking - ensuring the Global Banking teams are appropriately focused on risk issues, mitigation thereof and the related controls are robust.
- Execution of the Internal Control Monitoring plans in Colombia & Peru, to test controls to ensure they are working effectively, through sample testing, review of Key Indicators and thematic reviews. Tracking, analysis and reporting of the internal control testing results
- Identifying any issues based on the testing performed and ensuring remediation plans are in place and are being effectively managed
- Maintain Global Banking/HSBC internal control standards, ensuring the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Engage with both GB&M and entity Operational Risk and Control ‘ORIC’ teams on projects, risk activities and/ or new initiatives arises, as required.
- Maintains the accuracy of relevant BRCM related databases including technical group updates and user administration.
Maintains the accuracy of relevant BRCM related databases including technical group updates and user administration.
Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Ensures that reporting deadlines are met.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
- The jobholder will be required to have a strong and broad understanding of the Global Banking Business, and risks arising in this business. This requires and understanding of key risks that arise in customer due diligence activities (KYC, Credit Risk, as well as those that exist within the various product areas in Global Banking (PEF, LAF/ECM/Advisory/Credit and Lending and Portfolio Management).
- Operational Risk Management is an evolving discipline within financial services. While initially regulatory driven, the benefits of good operational risk programs (lowered loss expenses linked to better controls as a result of operational risk assessments, positive regulator reviews, predictive measures highlighting potential areas for loss, etc.) have inspired managers to more readily embrace its philosophies. The jobholder has to possess good knowledge on banking regulations and Global Banking operations in their broadest sense. Additionally an understanding of audit and control concepts is required in order to develop a set of effective standard guidelines that can be implemented. In addition, the jobholder is expected to be highly organized and to act independently and exercise broad discretion with minimal guidance and supervision. The importance of operational risk and control has increased over recent years and has the potential to be one of the most influential value added services available to Global Banking senior management. The Jobholder’s ability in identifying major risk areas and key control weaknesses poses significant impact on businesses in meeting their strategic objectives.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators and auditors by addressing any issues raised by them.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- The jobholder is responsible for overseeing and ensuring that Operational Risk is managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Operations FIM, Regional and/or Country Policies.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators; adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report issues and operational loss events. Abide by human resources and other HSBC policies in support of our ethical and respectful work environment.
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum Education: University Degree; ACIB, LLB, CA/CPA or equivalent professional designation
- Minimum Experience: 3-4 years relevant experience in a front office business or risk management role; or external management consulting experience in financial banking industry audit / operational risk management (ie PWC, Deloitte, E&Y, KPMG).
- Knowledge in internal control, compliance, banking operations, risk management – credit, operational and information risk management
- Extensive knowledge of Bank practices and products
- Strong leadership qualities and proven track record in driving change and influencing people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of internal control standards and best practices in operational risk management
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Sound ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet scheduled deadlines
- Observe high standards of professional conduct in the performance of duties
- Be able to adhere to the HSBC Core Principles