Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
VP - Asia Equity Sales, Americas|
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Maintains relationships with existing accounts; researches and may propose new business relationships
- Identifies new leads in assigned area and is responsible for developing and tracking a business plan to expand existing client relationships.
- Handles settlement responsibilities.
- Obtains orders for purchase and sales in assigned area of responsibility; forwards all orders to proper area for execution and ensures completion of transactions.
- Develops knowledge of client needs & requirements; coordinates efforts to service client organizations.
- Works closely with portfolio managers and analysts to integrate Company’s products into existing and prospective clients’ investment process.
- Makes sales calls & meets with clients to review outlook for assigned financial market & sectors.
- Presents research services and advises clients on investment opportunities. Actively identifies cross-sales and cross-referral opportunities.
- Proactively participates in the marketing of assigned product team services.
- Proactively participates with other salespersons and traders who service accounts.
- Ensures compliance monitoring is in place, including processes for management of operational risk, in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards.
- Provides management direction to foster effective selection, development and reward of subordinates (if applicable) while contributing to initiatives in support of the Company's Diversity programs.
- Complete other related duties as assigned. Support the Company’s Diversity programs.
- Uses initiative and independent judgement to analyze, problem solve and proactively respond to client issues. Expected to make the necessary decisions to carry out own job responsibilities and meet primary goals and objectives. Evaluates and escalates complex issues and/or problems to manager.
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- 1-3 years of sales/finance-related experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Experience in equity sales desirable.
- Experience in banking, equity research, consulting, etc is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to understand and manage complex and diverse instruments.