Full time Audit Intern|
• Supporting with the administration and co-ordination around delivery of audits.
• Supporting with the completion of the allocated audit fieldwork by using the designated or required GBL INA documentation and templates.
• Supporting with managing audits by working with the team to identify key stakeholders, organising fieldwork, identifying weaknesses, escalating issues and assisting in their resolution.
• Utilising professional knowledge and expertise to understand the business and develop suitable audit approaches and solutions
All staff are responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the controls that are in place to manage the risks in the processes and activities that they undertake in their day to day role.
Management of conduct is a critical component of all our business activities including, for example, the Group’s strategy and business models, our culture and behaviours, our interaction with customers, our financial markets operations, and our governance and oversight processes. HSBC's approach to conduct is designed to ensure we deliver fair outcomes for our customers and do not disrupt the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Focus on conduct is integral to HSBC’s values and principles, and supports the Group’s strategy for sustainable growth and streamlining of business processes and procedures.
HSBC has defined the Global Outcomes relating to Conduct which must be delivered by Global Lines of Business, HOST and the Global Functions. The 15 Global Outcomes are located within the document in this link:
Whilst all 15 Global Outcomes apply across the organisation, there are more dominant or relevant Outcomes which relate to specific roles. Below is an indicative guide to show which Outcomes are more likely to apply to this job description. Please note, the outcomes which are not applicable to this job are not listed below. This should be used as a guide only and all roles within the organisation should adhere to the Outcomes and the local regulatory standards and requirements relating to the markets in which they operate.
Culture & Behaviours
- Our culture supports our people and empowers them to consistently do the right thing for our customers and markets in which we operate
- Our people are competent and committed to the fair treatment of customers and not disrupting the integrity of markets
- We are open to challenge, we acknowledge when things go wrong, we fix things and we learn from our mistakes
- We seek to prevent and will proactively identify actions and behaviours that constitute market misconduct, and respond appropriately
- We manage conflicts of interest and appropriately handle information to reduce the opportunity for misuse
Governance & Oversight
- Our governance framework provides effective oversight of how we fairly treat customers and uphold market integrity
- We engage with regulatory bodies in a timely, open and transparent manner
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- BA/BS, all majors are considered, concentration in Business Administration or Finance a plus
- Quantitative, analytical, communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency and willingness to learn new processes
- A willingness to commit to the full internship period (typically June-August)
- Candidates should have a desire to obtain full time employment following graduation