US Service Manager|
Works closely with the Lines of Business Service Quality Managers to facilitate rapid Incident recovery, Root Cause analysis and identification, recurrence prevention.
Serves as the primary liaison between the business, application/infrastructure solutions providers and the Major Incident Management and Helpdesk structure covering all US IT Incidents within the IMT operating model. Provide the initial single point of contact for all business impacting technology incident recovery. Supports; the identification of underlying trends and root causes, service configuration accuracy, change protection and service levels.
Supports Problem, Change, Configuration, Service Level and Knowledge Management activities for the US.
Impact on the Business
- Primary escalation for all IT Incident/issues affecting business service.
- Reduction of IT Incidents impacting the US business.
- Provides additional support to the business for the Service Management functions operated within the US.
- Establishes and maintains effective liaison and communication with agree business stakeholders. Primary go to function to support the IT Helpdesk.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Maintains relationships with internal stakeholders;
- All US businesses.
- US CIO executive team.
- Lines of Business Service Quality Managers.
- Global Command Centre and Major Incident Management functions.
- Problem, Change, Configuration, Service Level, Help Desk and Knowledge Management teams of the global Service Management function.
- Service Management practices, solutions and engineering teams as needed.
- Maintains external awareness of research trends, information, and techniques related to ITIL core service process and practice.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provides US business knowledge to augment the Major Incident Management team and Global Command Centre for Service Management and recovery actions.
- Act as subject matter expert contact point for US business units.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Full responsibility for the management of US IT Incidents to successful resolution.
- Monitors mean time to restore service to ensure minimum disruption to the US business.
- Escalates significant issues to senior management.
- Responsible for all the currency of all US service documentation utilized by GCC and the Major Incident Management team.
- Supports the management of;
- Service incident reviews.
- Service improvement programs.
- Service mapping.
- Service and performance level agreements.
- Champion the best practice use of Service Management tooling and automation.
- Govern US Adherence to Global Service Management standards and best practice.
- Support the regulatory notification practices as required.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Stability of IT Service requires a high degree of management and communication. The US business and regulatory bodies require complete confidence in our operational practices and processes.
- Reports jointly to Major Incident Management and the Head of Data Centers and Operations USA. The position directly supports activities for the provision of IT services and systems to the US business.
- Operates the practices defined by the global Service Management function and be part of the Community of Practice
- Primary focus will be the identification, management and resolution of IT Incidents impacting the United States. Additional reporting line into the Major Incident Management function
- There will be an on call expectation covering all out of hours Incidents.
- Secondary focus to support Problem, Change, Configuration, Service Level and Knowledge Management activities for the US.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- As appropriate for the role, ensures alignment with regulatory requirements, the Compliance of FIM, HNAH’s BSA/AML Policy, other Group policies and all related policies and procedures.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Broad knowledge of the US business operation and supporting IT systems
- Knowledge of technology Incident, Problem, Change and Service Level Management practices.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications, analytical and planning skills.
- Strong customer service ethic with a focus on business service delivery.
- Minimum of three years or equivalent experience operating within an ITIL adopted framework (regardless of the adaptation).
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent experience.
- ISEB qualified in Service Management. V3 Expert Level preferred.