Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
||Seattle, WA S
|| Construction, Mining and Trades, Customer Service and Call Center, Engineering, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Manufacturing and Production, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
Facilities Electrical Planner-Scheduler|
Cures Start Here. Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Fred Hutch), home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, Fred Hutch’s five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Fred Hutch, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children’s, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Careers Start Here.
Under the direction of the Electrical Supervisor, plan and schedule all electrical work related to maintaining, repairing and replacing equipment and systems on the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center campus. Act as a back-up to both the Electrical Supervisor and Controls Supervisor, filling in for these positions during absences to ensure continuity of the electrical and controls teams. Provide departmental support of Facilities teams including acting as an on-call supervisor on a rotational basis throughout the year.
Electrical: Oversee campus wide critical electrical equipment for the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center’s 1.6 million sq. ft. campus. Work with the Electrical Supervisor and crew of 7 Electrical Operating Engineers to ensure the maintenance, repair and replacement of the campus electrical equipment, including 8 Emergency Power Generators (total 9 megawatts), 21 Automatic Transfer Switches, 45 motor control centers, 9 Mains Power Entry rooms, 225 Uninterruptible Power Supplies and 5 distinct campus Lighting Control Systems. Procure and oversee annual equipment maintenance contracts totaling $200,000 and assist in planning and managing annual Capital Projects exceeding $ 2 million Provide electrical crew mentoring and technical assistance with the troubleshooting/repair of numerous equipment including motors, pumps, air handlers, UPS’s, variable frequency drives, electrical distribution equipment and lighting systems. Act as a liaison between the department and stakeholders for any and all electrical testing, repair, maintenance and upgrades that affects the stakeholders to ensure that the critical research at the Center is not adversely affected by Facilities Engineering’s operations. Maintain continuity of operations by periodically reviewing and updating the department’s 20 year plan to ensure that equipment is updated or replaced prior to failure.
Controls: Act as a backup to the Controls Supervisor to ensure Building Automation Systems are fully functional and reporting at all times. Assist with preparation and implementation of special projects. Act as a liaison between the department and stakeholders for any and all electrical testing, repair, maintenance and upgrades that affects the stakeholders to ensure that the critical research at the Center is not adversely affected by Facilities Engineering’s operations. Maintain continuity of operations by periodically reviewing and updating the department’s 20 year plan to ensure that equipment is updated or replaced prior to failure.
Support Electrical and Controls Team
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance
- Create and revise job plans to be accurate and helpful
- Schedule weekly team meeting
Supervise Electrical Maintenance and Project Work
- Oversee/Schedule repairs, work orders and PM’s for accuracy and completion
- Participate in weekly Work Order review meeting. Provide details or explanations as required
- Determine which work should be contracted due to skills required or work backlog
Supervise Related Contractors and Vendors
- Maintain relationship with vendors used to support electrical and controls equipment
- Coordinate/Schedule work on behalf of department or customers as required
Assist with Team Training
- Identify training topics and create team training program
- Assist with Watchstander/Offshift training for related systems
Act as Liaison Between Customers and Department
- Coordinate with Planning Department
- Coordinate Repairs, Retrofits and Minor Remodels
- Resolve large customer challenges
- Assess and advise customers in advance of impending equipment replacement
- 20 Year Plan - Identify Building Systems related to electrical that are candidates for capital replacement programs
- Maintain equipment history in CMMS
- Four or more years of increasing responsibilities in facilities maintenance and operations for a large bio-medical research, hospital, heavy manufacturing facilities or other equipment intensive zero downtime operation is desired
- Licensed electrician or strong electrical construction/maintenance background, or strong building controls background, or an AA degree in building controls or electrical technologies
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills in a windows environment including Microsoft Office
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center|
Please visit our employer showcase!