Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arlington Heights, IL
|| Accounting/Auditing, Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Information Technology, Military, Warehousing, Executive Management, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
Lead Information Management Analyst (SAS, SQL)|
Provides technical leadership and on going system support across the organization. Develops and maintains data and processes of a complex nature to support the tactical and analytical needs of the assigned unit. Coordinates and completes complex projects according to plan when assigned. Employs several programming languages of different utility to access information systems (Data Warehouses, data marts, raw data source files, etc.) to provide information support to assigned unit. Directs project activities, initiates analysis, and provides solutions for problems within scope of responsibility. Works independently with management and key end-users to understand and obtain information requirements. Enables and assists analytic and business staff to achieve optimal financial return from data resources.
Impact on the Business
- Provide technical leadership and consultation to define objectives and requirements and develops requirements into a format that allows a technical solution to be created and implemented. Finalizes recommendations when ascertaining the type of information to be extracted. Leads consensus on specifications and moves to execution.
- Solve technically complex programming projects in assigned area. Translate loosely defined business problems into a set of objectives, criteria and logical specification so a programming solution can be developed. Develop, test and write highly complex application programs, queries and profiles according to specification.
- Identify system performance issues on large, complex queries. Redevelop queries to perform in a more efficient manner. Develop cost effective code in the completion of assigned projects. Mentor Senior CIM and CIM Analysts as assigned.
- Makes recommendations to help evolve and make improvements to the information infrastructure. Develop SAS data marts and stages data for use throughout the organization. Gather business requirements, code, test, debug, creates documentation and implement solutions. Increase the awareness and provide support in the usage of information solution by business analysts. Develop and produce standard reports and files and delivers according to specification.
- Develop proficiency in project management and information systems analysis skills. Maintain a high level proficiency in programming languages. Provide technical analysis and solutions to issues; sets technical directions.
- Assists management in developing project plans and executing data mart development assignments. When assigned as project manager, leads projects of high complexity, prepares project plans, estimates and schedules, and manages projects to assure objectives are met on time and within cost. Coordinate activities and evaluates performance of project team and reports performance. May lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assist in the training and orientation of other staff and end users
Customers / Stakeholders
- Design, develop and maintain highly complex databases and data marts as needed for MIS, end user computing and statistical modeling. Ensure all databases and data marts are accurate, documented and accessible. Ascertain, recommend and implement methods of improving efficiencies in database design, programming tools and coding methodologies for business analysts and the department.
- Develop, train and support Senior CIM and CIM Analysts as required. Review finished projects and work in progress to ensure correctness, accuracy and conformance to department standards.
- Seek technical and professional information and processes regarding area of responsibility to enhance department knowledge base.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Ensure Data Quality (DQ) of Critical Data Elements is measured and reviewed and any DQ issues identified are addressed through HSBC Data Quality Issue Management(DQIM) process.
- Understand roles of first line of defense in DQIM process and adhere to it.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials.The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- A minimum of five to seven years experience in a computing or information science environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc. or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills required. Proficiency with personal computers and programming in SAS, Easytrieve, COBOL, SQL, PEARL, or JAVA, strong query writing skills necessary
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills.