Management Reporting & Analytics (“MR&A”) is a cohesive global team that takes a leading role in delivering strategic support in relation to the production of internal MI, external reporting deliverables and supporting financial analysis to drive strategic decisions across the Group. It is integral to Group-wide business reporting and decision support work, planning and forecasting.
The MR&A Director will play a key role in delivering on each of the following team responsibilities.
· Relationship management of country stakeholders
· Monthly Global Business consolidation;
· Preparation of materials for review and approval at country Exco and Board meetings
· Co-ordination/completion of ad hoc requests and special projects
The role forms part of the Global Financial Planning and Analysis team within Business Finance. The team is high profile, with frequent exposure to the Regional CFO’s and other senior finance leaders.
The team has several core areas of responsibility, namely:
- Internal performance reporting: Preparation of materials for the monthly Group Management Board (‘GMB’) meeting and Country Operating Report (‘COR’) to allow senior management to monitor the financial performance of the business, working closely with each of the Global Businesses and a number of other departments.. The team is also responsible for delivering the monthly Flash financial report, providing an early summary of the results for the EXCO. In addition to these responsibilities, the team prepares quarterly Board and Audit Committee presentations as well as reports for discussion with US regulators and rating agencies (including IFRS and US GAAP results). The team is responsible for ensuring the quality and timeliness of all reports which are produced to tight timetable
- External performance reporting: Supporting production of the Group’s and regional external reporting documents on a quarterly basis. The teams responsibilities include: drafting/review of commentary; working with Communications and Investor Relations on external messaging; ensuring financial accuracy and; consistency of messaging. In addition the team provides a supporting financial information pack for senior management. The team also assists with SEC reporting for business segments.
- Investor Relations, Communications and Strategy: A key role in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of messaging and data used in both internal and external documents. Documents such as investor presentations and internal results announcements are either drafted or reviewed by the team.
- Strategic analysis and planning: Performing of analysis in the development of key performance metrics of the Group, including return on tangible equity and return on risk weighted assets, both historical and forward looking. This analysis is required for Board meetings and Investor presentations and also in response to ad hoc requests. Co-ordinating the end-to-end AOP process within the country from high level planning to detailed budgeting and presentations to the Board and regulators. Co-ordinating of the monthly forecasting process within the country; including Corporate Centre submission
- Finance transformation: Continually seeking improvements in reporting and analytics to assist in the streamlining of our processes and to focus the team’s work on reporting/analysis that will drive improved business performance.
- Offshore team: FP&A is supported by teams based in India (our Offshore teams). These teams are responsible for a significant amount of the report and data production/consolidation. The FP&A team works very closely with the Offshore team to ensure results and reports are accurate and delivered on a timely basis.
Impact on the Business
· Support all country level reporting and forecasting processes including corporate center
· Co-ordination of the end-to-end AOP process within the country from high level planning to detailed budgeting;
· Co-ordination of the monthly consolidation process within the country;
· Preparation of materials for review and approval at country Exco and Board meetings;
Customers / Stakeholders
· Develop a network of key stakeholders across group planning, global and local business finance, including CFOs, Capital Management, Regulatory Reporting, ALM,, HOST and Functions;
· Working with ALCM to formulate Capital and Liquidity Plans at the Legal entity level;
· Liaison with other departments as necessary for example Investor Relations, CAO, Strategy and Planning;
Leadership & Teamwork
· Work closely with the wider Business Finance teams to challenge and support them with their key deliverables that impact the role holder.
· Take the initiative to investigate and drive initiatives forward.
· Essential to build and maintain a strong network of contacts with key stakeholders across the region.
· Timely and accurate responses to senior management queries and for submission to OCC/FRB/PRA/EBA/other regulators and authorities.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Play a leading role in project and operational management around key deliverables and processes.
· Maintain and drive strong controls around data integrity and accuracy for all deliverables which the FP&A team support.
· Use offshore support for management of controls around data.