Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Engineering, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Broadcasting/Public Communications, Research & Development, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
JR0045534 - 4G/5G DSP Firmware Engineer
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of wireless technologies that will shape the future for decades to come. Intel invites you to collaborate with its best engineers across the globe to develop and specify the concepts of cellular wireless modem signal processing architectures for 2G, 3G, 4G/LTE, 5G and beyond.
The Intel Communications and Devices Group (iCDG) is looking for Firmware Engineers at various levels to join our modem firmware development team at San Diego USA, to contribute to the design and development of signal processing firmware for 4G/5G modems.
Job responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Responsible for design, development & verification of DSP firmware across 4G/5G modem platforms
- Collaborate with System engineering, Hardware, Firmware and Verification teams across globe during firmware design, feature development & verification
- Implement & optimize signal processing kernels / control firmware on vector / scalar processors
- Define & implement firmware interfaces, task scheduling across multiprocessor system with tight real-time constraints
- Define, implement & debug unit/subsystem test cases across a variety of test frameworks- Define & implement scripts, tools for memory/cycle/power/log analysis
- Actively support pre-Si verification of developed firmware on virtual platforms, FPGA & HW bring-up activities
- Actively support the analysis & debugging of issues arising out of various system, field, conformance and operator verification campaigns
B.S Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other relevant technology field preferably with an emphasis in Digital communications / Signal processing or related field with 4 years of experience OR a Master’s Degree 3+ years of experience OR a PhD with 1+ year of experience.
Experience with embedded firmware development experience with focus on physical layer/DSP firmware
Experience in physical layer aspects of cellular radio standards 2G/3G/CDMA/LTE/5G or WiFi
Experience in programming & debugging systems with tight Controller/DSP/HW accelerator interaction
Demonstrated excellent communication skills in English
Quick learner, team player and self-driven
Experience in programming for vector processors
Experience in fixed-point modeling, MIPS/Memory optimization
Experience in low level firmware, DSP board support packages, RTOS
Experience in algorithm design, system simulation
Inside this Business Group
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.