Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Assistant Catering Coordinator - Dining Services|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in coordinating the planning and implementation of both on and off campus events, such as banquets, receptions, luncheons, dinners, fundraisers etc.
* High School graduate.
* A.A. degree preferred.
* One to three years of event planning, university setting desirable.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Assists Catering Coordinator and Catering Manager with planning and organizing, actual set-up, service and break down of events.
* Assists with promoting department during interaction with all clients.
* Is able to answer questions and sets an example of good customer service while dealing with all clients.
* Assists in the training and supervision of student workers.
* Attends weekly staff and catering meetings.
* Assists in scheduling student workers.
* Helps control inventory.
* Has working knowledge of how and where equipment and product are used and stored.
* Assists in keeping areas stocked and cleaned.
* Responsible to assign weekly tasks to student workers, including restocking and organizing catering storage areas, cleaning and minor maintenance of equipment, etc.
* Assists in caring for everyday or seasonal catering equipment.
* Reports damaged equipment or items to Supervisor for replacement.
* Shows care when using University equipment and instructs students to do the same.
* Assists in the overall look of any event.
* Has working knowledge to be able to access what is appropriate for each event and room set-up.
* Able to assist the Catering Manager with special decorations, props or flowers when needed.
* Responsible for setting up events at different catering sites, which includes transporting equipment and product in the Banquet catering van.
* Orders linens and paper goods for all catered events.
* Assists the Catering Manager in planning and updating catering menus and services.
* Assists in helping to update policies and procedures for department.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Maintains compliance with APU mission, vision, positional statements and other polices and procedures.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job description