Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
HRIS Assistant - Office of Human Resources|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The HRIS Assistant is part of the human resources team and manages systems aspects of the human resources functions. This position is responsible for the processing of records related to all university faculty, staff, temporary staff, and adjuncts and will comply with all legal requirements related to hiring and terminations and departmental procedures relative to handling confidential personnel records. This person will also assist others on campus and within the department with their records and HRIS needs and will work on special projects as assigned.
* B.S./B.A. degree preferred; equivalent experience acceptable.
* 1–2 years of HR related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with HRIS/HR related business systems preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Assist in onboarding functions for all newly hired regular staff and temporary staff, as well as faculty and adjunct faculty as needed.
* Launch new employees and promotions/transfers in SilkRoad onboarding system.
* Collaborate with other departments to support day-to-day end-user help requests.
* Provide timely and effective communication with departments on campus related to employee paperwork and processes.
* Process all HRIS master data entry for employee and organizational changes; investigate and resolve data integrity issues of HRIS systems.
* Test the HRIS systems when updates and patches are applied to ensure process continuity.
* Develop expert knowledge of HRIS systems capabilities.
* Maintain Employee Services email account and respond to employee requests in a timely manner.
* Assist with processing contracts for adjuncts and faculty.
* Schedule and facilitate off-boarding of staff, requesting final pay from payroll, and schedule exit interviews.
* Monitor temporary positions and requests for extensions.
* Work with Office of the General Counsel in handling subpoenas.
* Work with director or executive director of human resources with file review requests.
* Manage I-9 verification in new employee orientation including collecting documentation and SilkRoad/E-Verify electronic process.
* Remain current on I-9 process, legal updates, and I-9 training.
* Track telecommuting agreements for temporary employees.
* Communicate with payroll on any contract changes and meeting payroll deadlines.
* Know the HRIS systems at a sufficient depth to allow effective use and the ability to help others who may need assistance.
* Provide for consistent follow-up with offices on campus for necessary documents.
* Oversee the development and implementation procedures for appropriate records management in accordance with established laws and regulations and APU policies for records and retention.
* Cross train in all areas of HRIS support.
* Maintain employee personnel files and ensures that all information is accurately captured in our systems.
* File and e-file various employment records into appropriate personnel files.
* Provide support for data review for annual employee recognition event.
* Identify areas of opportunity to improve existing HRIS processes, functionality and workflow.
* Review electronic timekeeping for off-boarding employees; guide supervisors in Kronos approvals.
* Create and maintain documentation of processes and training documents.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job Description