Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Executive Management, Research & Development
Elementary Associate Teacher
About KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing, college preparatory public schools that has been committed to creating a vibrant, college-going culture in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is partnered with the acclaimed KIPP Network, which educates over 88,000 students nation-wide and supports low-income students to college at a rate 4x higher than that of their peers.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 2 elementary school (KIPP Kirkpatrick Elementary School and KIPP Nashville College Prep Elementary), 2 middle schools (KIPP Academy Nashville and KIPP Nashville College Prep), and 1 high school (KIPP Nashville Collegiate High School). Our alumni have achieved a 95% high school graduation rate and are supported to and through college by our KIPP Through College program. We are excited to expand our K-16 continuum by growing to 7 schools by 2020.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to cultivate in its students the character and academic skills needed to succeed in rigorous colleges and have an opportunity-filled life in the world beyond. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster.
The Associate Teacher role provides aspiring and newer teachers with the classroom and school experience they need to become excellent Lead Teachers. Each Associate Teacher will receive close mentorship under a master Lead Teacher, will serve as a full staff member and thought partner in their respective school, and will take on progressive teaching responsibilities over the course of the academic year. Upon the completion of a successful year, Associate Teachers will have the opportunity to move into a Lead Teacher position.
Responsibilities of a KIPP Nashville Elementary Associate Teacher include, but are not limited to:
- Curriculum and Instruction
- In collaboration with grade level team, plan and execute a rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum that assesses students’ progress
- Support the collection of data to inform instructional decisions
- Lead small-group instruction in partnership with Lead Teacher(s)
- Perform clerical duties, as needed, that serve to advance student learning
- Demonstrate passion for pedagogy
- Commitment to School and Classroom Culture
- Work collaboratively with your school team and those across KIPP Nashville
- Help maintain school-wide culture that best fits the needs of our students, teachers and families
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with staff
- Develop positive rapport with students
- Create and foster a positive and calm learning environment
- Enforce, uphold, and exhibit school’s values, student management policies and culture
- Family Engagement
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents and share progress
- Be available for open houses, parent teacher conferences and other events involving parents
- Growth Mindset
- Demonstrate commitment to professional growth as a teacher
- Pursue challenging professional goals
- Willing to offer support and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly during the academic year (held during school hours)
Qualifications & Experience
- Commitment to working with under-served students
- Commitment to KIPP Nashville’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Experience working with students from educationally under-resourced communities (Preferred)
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits.
Apply directly at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Nashville. Please contact Alyssa Ingrum, Manager of Talent Recruitment, at email@example.com with questions.
KIPP Nashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|