Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Executive Management, Research & Development
Elementary Lead Teacher
About KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing, college preparatory public schools that has been committed to creating a vibrant, college-going culture in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is partnered with the acclaimed KIPP Network, which educates over 88,000 students nation-wide and supports low-income students to college at a rate 4x higher than that of their peers.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 2 elementary school (KIPP Kirkpatrick Elementary School and KIPP Nashville College Prep Elementary), 2 middle schools (KIPP Academy Nashville and KIPP Nashville College Prep), and 1 high school (KIPP Nashville Collegiate High School). Our alumni have achieved a 95% high school graduation rate and are supported to and through college by our KIPP Through College program. We are excited to expand our K-16 continuum by growing to 7 schools by 2020.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to cultivate in its students the character and academic skills needed to succeed in rigorous colleges and have an opportunity-filled life in the world beyond. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster.
Responsibilities of a KIPP Nashville Elementary Lead Teacher include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications & Experience
- Curriculum Development and Instruction
- Adapt and execute a rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum and assess students’ progress
- Develop academically rigorous lessons, adapt unit plans, rubrics and assessments
- Use data to inform instructional decisions
- Provide students with daily feedback on mastery performance in character and academics and plan for individual learning needs
- Demonstrate strong pedagogy
- Commitment to School and Classroom Culture
- Work collaboratively with your school team and those across KIPP Nashville
- Help develop school-wide culture that best fits the needs of our students, teachers and families
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with staff
- Develop positive rapport with students
- Create and foster a positive and calm learning environment
- Enforce, uphold, and exhibit school’s values, student management policies and culture
- Family Engagement
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents and share progress
- Be available for open houses, parent teacher conferences and other events involving parents
- Make him/herself available to students, parents and other staff members
- Growth Mindset
- Pursue challenging professional goals each year
- Willing to offer support and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly during the academic year (held during school hours)
- Valid Tennessee teaching license or willingness to pursue state certification, if needed
- ELL Certification and/or experience working with English Language Learners a plus
- Commitment to working with students from educationally under-resourced communities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- At least two years of teaching experience
- Experience teaching in low-income schools (Highly Preferred)
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students (Highly Preferred)
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits.
Apply directly at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Nashville. Please contact Alyssa Ingrum, Manager of Talent Recruitment, at email@example.com with questions.
KIPP Nashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|