Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Information Technology, Research & Development
High School Teacher
About KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing, college preparatory public schools that has been committed to creating a vibrant, college-going culture in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is partnered with the acclaimed KIPP Network, which serves over 88,000 students nation-wide and supports low-income students to college at a rate 4x higher than that of their peers.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 2 elementary school (KIPP Kirkpatrick Elementary School and KIPP Nashville College Prep Elementary), 2 middle schools (KIPP Academy Nashville and KIPP Nashville College Prep), and 1 high school (KIPP Nashville Collegiate High School). Our alumni have achieved a 95% high school graduation rate and are supported to and through college by our KIPP Through College program. We are excited to expand our K-16 continuum by growing to 7 schools by 2020.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to cultivate in its students the character and academic skills needed to succeed in rigorous colleges and have an opportunity-filled life in the world beyond. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster.
Teaching at KIPP Nashville Collegiate High School
KIPP Nashville Collegiate High School invites outstanding educators to apply for the position of High School Teacher for the 2018-19 school year. Collegiate teachers possess a deep passion for instruction and an enthusiasm for rigorous development in the honing of their craft. In addition to weekly professional development and team planning meetings, teachers receive consistent high-impact coaching and feedback from a school administrator, as well as pathways to be a coach themselves. KIPP Collegiate's first cohort of juniors scored the highest ACT scores in KIPP's 23 year history, and Collegiate teachers have the opportunity to continue that success. Collegiate is committed to recruiting, developing, and keeping excellent teachers.
Position Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Create a positive and structured learning environment that fosters both outstanding academic achievement and personal character development
- Create a culture of high expectations in your classroom and throughout the school
- Revise and implement a rigorous curriculum aligned with state and national standards for college-readiness
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Collaborate with school team in planning meetings, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Communicate regularly with students, families, and colleagues in a way that models Collegiate’s values
- Involve and enlist parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education
- Advise a small group of students to success throughout their four years of high school
- Proven record of high achievement with historically under-served students
- Relentless drive to support student learning
- Passion and enthusiasm for their given subject matter
- Superb personal organization skills
- Team player: demonstrates maturity, growth mindset, strong work ethic, follow-through, and flexibility
- Willingness to offer and respond positively to feedback
- Strong belief in the Collegiate mission and educational model
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- Valid Tennessee teaching license or willingness to seek valid state certification required
- ELL certification and/or experience working with English Language Learners a plus
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits. Teachers receive funds for supplies and materials as well as a laptop computer.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|