Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
|| Education and Library, Financial Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Executive Management, Research & Development
Math Assistant Principal
About KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing, college preparatory public schools that has been committed to creating a vibrant, college-going culture in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is partnered with the acclaimed KIPP Network, which educates over 88,000 students nation-wide and supports low-income students to college at a rate 4x higher than that of their peers.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 2 elementary school (KIPP Kirkpatrick Elementary School and KIPP Nashville College Prep Elementary), 2 middle schools (KIPP Academy Nashville and KIPP Nashville College Prep), and 1 high school (KIPP Nashville Collegiate High School). Our alumni have achieved a 95% high school graduation rate and are supported to and through college by our KIPP Through College program. We are excited to expand our K-16 continuum by growing to 7 schools by 2020.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to cultivate in its students the character and academic skills needed to succeed in rigorous colleges and have an opportunity-filled life in the world beyond. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster.
The Assistant Principal assumes the primary responsibility for supporting a school culture that sets high-expectations and empowers students to develop the knowledge, skills, and character traits necessary to pursue a choice-filled life. As an instructional coach, and through the direct coaching of teachers, the Assistant Principal will focus on maximizing school-wide academic growth and character development. In partnership with the School Leader, the Assistant Principal will ensure that teachers and students feel well supported in their daily work. This position requires an organized and consistent educator with a concrete vision of excellence, adult leadership experience, the ability to build outstanding relationships with students, teachers, and families, and a talent for building a school culture grounded in teamwork. At KIPP, we see Assistant Principals as being actively developed for school leadership. The Assistant Principal should consider him/herself an apprentice to the School Leader and the Assistant Principal should gradually build capacity to lead a KIPP school.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Principal will include, but are not limited to:
- Model and support implementation of the school’s vision and goals
- Contributes to school-wide planning and prioritizes time to accomplish goals
- Develop emerging leaders with School Leader’s guidance
- Model strong staff and student culture and manage school-wide character development and behavior management systems
- Collaborate with School Leader on retaining diverse, highly-effective teachers and school staff
- Build own and direct reports’ instructional knowledge of standards, content and instructional methods
- Develop and manage teachers to provide rigorous and high quality instruction
- Prioritize Assistant Principal’s own success and sustainability by engaging lifelines and renewing to get stronger
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least three years of teaching experience with a proven record of high achievement
- Experience teaching an educationally underserved community
- Experience coaching and managing adults; proven ability to proactively lead by example
- Demonstrated success in building relationships and trust with leaders, teachers, students, parents and community
- Strong instructional acumen and ability to use data to evaluate strategic options
- Clear understanding of culturally responsive pedagogy and leadership
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Nashville’s mission, students, families, and community
- Firm believe in affirming the identity of students, families and staff
- Passionate about data-driven instruction
- Demonstrates excitement in growing staff into their highest self as a leader for our students and families
- Physical and emotional endurance to support with challenging students; maintain emotional control under stress
- Superb personal organization skills to keep on top of deadlines and measures of accountability
- Team player: demonstrates maturity, growth mindset, strong work ethic, follow-through and flexibility
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits. This position will work and be compensated according to a 12 month administrative schedule.
Apply directly at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Nashville. Please contact Alyssa Ingrum, Manager of Talent Recruitment, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
KIPP Nashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|