Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||Boston Area, MA
|| Accounting/Auditing, Education and Library, Financial Services, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Law Enforcement, and Security, Purchasing, Executive Management, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
Special Projects Coordinator
Who we are.
KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) is a national network of free, open-enrollment, public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond.There are currently 209 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving nearly 88,000 students.Today, KIPP Massachusetts operates 2 districts in the greater Boston area educating nearly 1,890 students and families and over 400 alumni on their journeys to and through college with our KIPP Through College Program.
What we do & why it matters.
Nation-wide, only 10% of students from low income communities like Lynn and Boston graduate from college, compared to 84% of their more affluent peers. Preparing our students for successful lives of independence and impact drives the work of all KIPP school leaders, teachers, and staff. Nationally, KIPP alumni graduate from college at 4 times the national average, which is good, but not good enough. We project our High School class of 2015, the first to benefit from a 5-12 KIPP education, will graduate from college at 5 times the national average. Our goal is for 75% of our alumni to graduate from college.
In Lynn we are building a K-12 education system.Our High Rock campus in Lynn is home to KIPP Academy Lynn Elementary educating 366 students in grades K-2, KIPP Academy Lynn Middle School educating 483 students in grades 5-8 and KIPP Academy Lynn Collegiate High School educating 485 students in grades 9-12.We are excited to grow our Lynn elementary school to include grades K-3 in 2018-2019 and grades K-4 by 2019-2020.
Our Blue Hill campus in Mattapan is home to KIPP Academy Boston Elementary School educating 283 K-3 students and KIPP Academy Boston Middle School, educating 269 students in grades 5-8 and families in our newest K-8 school. We are excited to grow our Boston elementary school to include grades K-4 in 2018-2019 resulting in a fully grown K – 8 campus.
Across all our schools, 81% of students are economically disadvantaged, 14% receive Special Education services, and 20% are identified as English Language Learners.At KIPP, we believe that all kids can and will learn, and our staff members are dedicated to ensuring we serve the needs of all our learners. We are at our best when we are engaging students’ joy and curiosity through rigorous curriculum that will put them on the paths toward lives of independence and impact.
By 2020, KIPP will serve 10% or more of Lynn public school students and join our charter peers in Boston to serve 20% of Boston’s public school students.We will also scale our KIPP through College (KTC) program to serve 857 alumni by 2020, effectively tripling the total number of students reached by KIPP Massachusetts.
The Office Manager ensures that the school office effectively serves and supports students, parents, and school staff. The office manager will report to the Director of School Operations.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Ensures the accuracy of students’ daily attendance, as well as medical, tardy, and early leave logs;
- Prepares monthly attendance reports ; weekly attendance verifications, and supports with bi-annual attendance submissions;.
- Trains and works with teachers to ensure attendance is completed timely and accurately each day.
- Supports the goal of achieving a high ADA by communicating expectations of attendance to families, managing letters and communication to repeat truancy offenders, and supporting on attendance related incentives and activities.
- Student Information & Data
- Manages and maintains KIPP MA’s student information system;
- Maintains student records in accordance with federal and school-based policies, as well as audit guidelines;
- Monitors records verification of incoming students, prepares transcripts for current students, and prepares withdrawal forms for transferring students;
- Ensures confidentiality and security of office space, files, and all information pertaining to students, parents, staff, and community;
- Supports annual new student recruitment, lottery, and enrollment processes;
- Student and Family Relations
- Welcomes and attends to prospective and current families;
- Upholds and maintains a positive, nurturing, achievement-oriented school culture;
- Builds relationships with families to keep them well-informed and support their needs.;
- Seeks and implements feedback from stakeholders (parents, peers, manager, etc.) and offers feedback in an honest, respectful and timely way;
- Office Operations
- Organizes, secures, and maintains a pristine office space and environment;
- Directs phone calls and guests warmly and professionally;
- Types, translates, and distributes school correspondence including but not limited to: letters, memos, and weekly bulletins;
- Assists with coordinating travel arrangements, field trips, and other student and school-wide events;
- Assists in ordering, purchasing, receiving, and organizing materials;
- Supports all school-based communication systems;
- Distributes all incoming mail;
- Supports the School Operations Manager in meeting school-wide operations goals;
- Works relentlessly to meet development and functional goals;
- Exemplifies school values, operates under school-wide expectations and upholds the Commitment to Excellence; and
- Other duties as assigned by the School Leader or School Operations Manager
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
At KIPP, we believe that an excellent staff member does the following:
- Believes that all of us can and will learn and creates a positive learning environment with high expectations for all students and staff throughout the school;
- Thrives as part of a team-oriented, mission-driven culture;
- Exudes joy and a love of learning every single day;
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and a desire to continually improve through feedback, coaching, and professional development;
- Constantly assesses progress, communicates results clearly, and uses data to inform decisions and set ambitious goals.
- Has a strong work ethic and commits to doing whatever it takes for students to excel, including committing to an extended work day and remaining available to colleagues, students, and families outside of school hours
Qualified candidates have the following:
- A belief in the mission and values of KIPP
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students (preferred)
- At least two years of teaching experience (strongly preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Internal candidates: If you are currently a member of the KIPP MA team, please apply by emailing your resume to the Recruitment Team at Talent@kippma.org. Be sure to indicate to which position you wish to apply.
External candidates: If you do not currently work for the KIPP:MA team, please visit our job board at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Massachusetts and complete an online application.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
KIPP MA is an employment at-will organization.
KIPP Massachusetts, KIPP Academy Lynn, and KIPP Academy Boston are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identity, religion, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, special need, proficiency in the English language, or a foreign language. We are committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|