Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Retail/Wholesale, Sales
Full Time Intern - Internal Audit, Global Banking & Markets|
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations. We serve more than 37 million customers through four global businesses: Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Private Banking. Our network covers 70 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, North America and Latin America.
This is a paid internship on HSBC’s Global Banking and Markets Internal Audit team. Our team is responsible for auditing Global Banking (Investment Banking/Capital Markets), Global Markets (Sales & Trading/Trading Operations), Securities Services (Custody/Trust Services), and the Global Liquidity and Cash Management business. We provide independent, objective assurance to management as to whether their risk management, control, and governance processes are adequate and functioning.
This is an opportunity to work on a top performing, global internal audit team while gaining valuable exposure to Global Banking and Markets. The internship will run for approximately six months with potential for an internship renewal or an offer for a full-time position after the six month period, depending on performance. This position is located in New York, NY.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the team throughout the audit process.
- Analyzing internal controls, processes, and financial data in order to contribute to audit workpapers and reports.
- Managing data in the audit database.
- Participating in meetings and calls with audit stakeholders.
- Ad hoc projects including preparing presentations, organizing team events, etc.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Candidate must be a either a recent graduate and/or attending grad school in NYC.
- Outstanding academic background with/pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Demonstrable interest in working in the financial services industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management, and the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time.
- Self-motivated and highly accountable.
- Team player who is comfortable working with individuals at all levels.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office applications and able to learn new software quickly.