Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||San Francisco, CA
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Managing Director, Sector Head - Technology|
- Responsible for originating leads, building and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers in the sector, in order to identify and sell innovative GLCM solutions.
- Responsible for execution of GLCM and GB strategic initiatives which focuses on new industry verticals
- Collaborate with CMB LC Technology clients to drive the overall participation in the technology ecosystem.
- To achieve income for the Group by being a GAM responsible for a dedicated portfolio of clients and maintaining an exceptionally high level of client satisfaction
- Responsible for building and maintaining deep client relationships and act as a Single Point of Contact in a changing and competitive environment. To be viewed by clients as a Trusted Advisor.
- Accountable for coordinating and managing GLCM Global Account Plans for allocated TECHNOLOGY clients. Acting as a single point of contact working in collaboration with Global Relationship Manager (GRM) to build deal pipeline and deliver incremental revenue growth.
- Responsible for pricing, reviewing and negotiating the full range of cash management services for the global technology clients, together with effecting any cost reduction initiatives required by Group. The jobholder is ultimately responsible for new sales revenue and the retention and growth of existing clients and income aligned to a portfolio within the GB Corporate Sector.
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the industry sales effort and coverage of GB customers located in the Region.
- To be recognized as a GLCM specialist with an ability to display competent knowledge of relevant products and services.
- Consistently role model of Sales Manager competencies; providing guidance and coaching to other sales managers and team members where necessary.
- Industry subject matter expert with internal and external recognition as a cash management practitioner in the technology sector representing GLCM and HSBC at global and regional conferences, roadshows, industry events, case studies and press articles.
Impact on the Business
To manage both yourself and the team to:
- Increased GLCM revenues by coordination, identification and development of business opportunities from TECHNOLOGY industry sector in order to maintain existing, and generate new income for HSBC and achieve the annual quantitative and qualitative goals and measures.
- Drive key GB initiatives that focus on new industry verticals.
- Development and execution of individual client and industry sector planning and customer contact strategy across the region, in accordance with GLCM and Global Banking strategic direction and initiatives.
- Responsible for the implementation and ongoing development of the global / regional GLCM sector sales strategy including global EBV and Revenue targets.
- Understand and identify revenue opportunities within the region and assist in-country leads.
- Implementation of sector sales strategies identifying key actions for their region, stakeholder management, investment requirements and product initiatives.
- Implementation of GLCM sector strategy and action items to internal stakeholders including GB RM groups and country management
- Significant latitude to Identify and undertake global projects that provide significant revenues or opportunities to the entire business
Key Account Management:
- Global HORIS revenue growth over and above BAU growth by proactively coordinating and leading global, regional and local sales and client management teams
- Provide client product requirements input into GLCM product management strategy (VOC).
- Coordinate & coach country GLCM managers to execute Client Account/Client Plan Strategies.
- Define, deliver, implement and own the Client Plan
- Management of costs within plan, keeping losses to a minimum and identification of cost reduction initiatives as well as managing the sectors within the Groups Global Standards and Business Values
- Maintain awareness of the global / regional regulatory and business environment; understand audit, legal and taxation environment changes as they affect customers and the Bank, and apply these to ensure solution excellence.
Customers / Stakeholders
- To broaden and deepen client relationships
- Work with relevant key stakeholders to ensure a positive client experience including excellent service and implementation
- Develop an appropriate calling plan to efficiently and effectively achieve goals and objectives. Through consultative selling, design and implement workable, innovative solutions for customers individual needs plus generate and receive quality referrals for/from other parts of the Group.
- Where appropriate undertake professional presentations etc. to customers in support of potential opportunities portraying HSBC in the best possible light against a backdrop of competition from local, regional and/or global banks.
- Maintain and enhance the image of HSBC through the planning and execution of conferences, industry sector days, internal & external client road shows, active participation in industry associations and other such suitable events.
- Maintain close liaison with intra country, intra region, cross regional, global colleagues/stakeholders so as to provide input into the strategic direction of Sales, Product and Client Management functions and to the overall direction of GLCM regional and global business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients including a robust coverage programme.
- Be an ambassador for HSBC and develop the bank’s profile in the local ‘International Business’ community.
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Ensure fairness in all aspects of strategy, product design & delivery, customer literature & correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Communicate a clear vision for the GLCM business that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, Values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop team leaders and others to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience
- Lead and encourage constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Manage the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximise end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency
- Maintain a robust and efficient control environment across GLCM to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of GLCM management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Lead the implementation and oversight of GLCM policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
- Managing multiple time sensitive tasks
- The job holder needs to constantly evaluate and understand
- Customer banking practices and trends in the market
- The financial/accounting/reconciliation and cash management systems and techniques employed
- The competitive market place.
- Adapting to a fast pace work environment and continually changing lines of communication, technological advances etc. the skills of the job holder is to keep close to the customer requirements.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients at a Trusted Advisor level, and have the ability to influence client decisions at Senior levels
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders within HSBC in order to execute on agreed sector strategy and remove barriers for clients transactions
- Actively contribute global development ideas to global sector strategy and be recognized as a voice for the region with senior management.
- The jobholder is a senior member of management team within GLCM GB Corporates, maintaining global strategy and revenue from Technology sector clients, seeking opportunities in the provision and support of the full range of payments and cash management related products and solutions. GLCM is a provider of choice to clients doing business both domestically and internationally.
- The role holder must have a thorough understanding of the cash management business and industry expertise to be able to take a long-term view of expected changes in the market place to ensure HSBC remains at the forefront.
- The competitive environment is intense but where we differ and/or offer competitive advantages are
- Provision of high quality banking services to our target clients
- Strong international image amongst customers and non-customers
- HSBC aims to become a clear banking market leader for international business
- HSBC has a unique global footprint
- The jobholder is viewed as an individual that has TECHNOLOGY industry expertise that can be leveraged to up-tier client relationships.
- The jobholder is expected to meet clients and forge strong relations. To look for new opportunities, expand on the existing portfolio, increase wallet share and generally ensure the performance of the client. The role holder has to also ensure client satisfaction including identifying and dealing with actual or potential business or relationship risks
- To drive fee income and deposit revenue and GLCM sales activities
- The jobholder works closely within HSBC with Global Banking Management and Relationship Managers, GLCM Management, GLCM Product and Client Implementation/Management. External contact includes Finance Directors, Treasury Managers, Cash Managers, Operational Departments and numerous third parties.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
- This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Strong leadership and management skills and relevant technology industry experience
- Strong knowledge of global and regional cash management and clearing services, products and techniques.
- Relationship Management experience at multiple levels plus a proven sales record
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Line management experience
- Proven ability of managing cross-border strategic developments and relationships
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamental treasury requirements
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical and selling skills
- A good understanding of the market & market trends, competitive environment and regulatory environment.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience of working in an International Global Banking environment
- Knowledge of Treasury Foreign Exchange
- Broad based knowledge of HSBC Group companies and product ranges
- Comprehensive knowledge of the HSBC Group's inter/intra clearing systems
- Knowledge of day to day workings of a Corporate Treasury environment, foreign exchange and payments